We turned off the motor at 8am and have been sailing since in very nice conditions. But now the clouds have moved in and there has been a bit of rain. Forecast calls for winds increasing starting tonight and then three days of wet and wild - wind in the 20's with gusts in the 30's. But the good news is that it will be in the right direction making it easier to sail in the strong conditions, and it will be fast.
The ship is ready. We are fortified by a lunch of Mexican food. The beer is cold. 336 miles to landfall in Wrangarei. If all goes well we'll get in on Saturday. Or if everything goes perfectly, Friday afternoon.
Tom's quote of the day: "O Shit!", said when a small but heavy, sharp, and pointy knife got knocked off the galley counter, flew threw the air, and stuck straight up in the cabin sole about two inches from his bare foot.
As conditions will be getting rough these updates may be getting shorter...